Thursday, April 1, 2010

Beyond Blessed!

I am a day short of 17 weeks....
and I am feeling more and more pregnant every day...and I love it! Before I was pregnant I SWORE I was going to love being pregnant...then I had a few friends who filled me in on the reality of it. Hannah, who has sweet Ivy who is over a year old, told me all about delivery and her pregnancy...I mean ALL, but I am very thankful for that. She had a pretty rough time. Speaking of rough times, my other friend, Allison, had an even worse pregnancy. But, if you ask both of them today if they would go back and want the outcome to be different, their answers would be 100% NO! I am biased because I love their chillins, but they are some of the cutest babies IN THE WORLD. So, back to my pregnancy...if you have read any of my other posts, I honestly have had an awesome pregnancy. The Lord knows I needed to work and not miss out because of morning sickness and I have been blessed!  My first "morning sickness" was at 16 weeks and after google-ing and getting some advice from other mothers I figured out it was because I took my prenatal vitamin at a different time and it messed up my system. I usually take it in the morning but that day, I didn't take it until 3 p.m.


I have had some "pains" but after talking to the doctor...they are pretty much all normal. I have felt a few cramps under my ribs (mostly on right side and sometimes on the left) but the doctor said that it was from the baby and placenta moving things up in my body. And, I have had some back pain, too. My Mom had back labor so I will pray that I don't inherit that! But, I have overall been blessed more than I could have asked for.


My Mom found this maternity website the other day and I wanted to share it! It's called Kiki's Fashions Maternity. It's my new favorite store! I broke down EARLY (12 weeks) and bought maternity pants (don't judge...I wanted to be comfortable, ha!) so I have been good in that aspect for a few weeks now but I have had trouble with my tops. I was running out of long enough tops to wear. Here's a few things I got from Kiki's:







I haven't worn any of them yet...the yellow dress may be a hit or miss...but, I am just happy to know that there are stores out there that I can buy from that aren't just the normal maternity stores and that are somewhat trendy. And, the most expensive option was $30 for the dress (which I think is VERY reasonable).

So, just a side note for anyone dealing with this same issue. I will update a new picture after this weekend. I am taking a one day road trip to attend a wedding shower for Amanda and Michael and, in the process, get a FREE ultrasound to find out the sex of our baby!!! YEA! I think I am also getting a 3D ultrasound (or 4D-whatever), but the ultrasound tech said that the babies look so odd at this stage when you see them through that type of ultrasound. Next post will be what the sex is!!!

This weekend is FULL of exciting things! We will find out the sex of our baby AND it is the first night of our Christ Church Saturday Night service at the Arlington campus and most importantly, this weekend represents the Resurrection of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!!



The website is here: CC Saturday Nights if you are interested! Even if you haven't been to church in years, give us a chance. It's a contemporary service with solid biblical preaching by my husband, Grant.


There will be a whole bucket full of updates after this weekend!


Before I go, I wanted to share something from my devotional, "At His Feet" by Tiegreen. This is straight from the devo (which I highly recommend, btw!)


The Resurrection Promise: Mark 9: 30-32
"The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise."  Mark 9:31

Death surrounds us. It is on our TVs and in our newspapers. It has taken family members and friends. It will come to each of us. For all who are crushed by the reality of the Fall, Jesus gives this promise. There is a resurrection. 

Perhaps we have heard this from the pulpit so often that we have lost a sense of amazement over this impossible claim. But think about it. This just does not happen, at least not visibly. Most religions have some concept of an afterlife, but a man being physically raised from the dead? No one ever made such a claim. Except Jesus. Even His disciples, who had seen him raise Lazarus, a widow's son, and a little girl, were dumbfounded. (v.32) They didn't know what to make of this prediction, because it was beyond the realm of possibility. People die and they are buried. Period.

But Jesus erased the period. His resurrection, far from being an exclusive privilege of the Son of God, means everything for us. It reversed the curse of death that we bought upon ourselves at the Fall. It is the re-genesis-the beginning of a new creation. And we are invited to be a part of it. 

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE! 
REMEMBER THE RESURRECTION PROMISE!
If you are reading this blog and don't really know about Jesus, who he REALLY is, and how he's affected my life, I would love to talk to you. Shoot me an email at angelanixon@mac.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment