Monday, November 15, 2010

T-Minus 10 Days!

T-Minus 10 Days until Thanksgiving! I love the holidays! I love what they mean as a family and I love what the next day means...Time to put up Christmas decorations and a TREE!!! And, I just couldn't wait any longer to update my blog...plus, I have been having complaints that the last blog was hard to read color wise.


We had a little pre-Thanksgiving fun at our 2nd (maybe 3rd) Annual Bible Study Thanksgiving! Here's a picture of our spread! Wonderful!!! Mike fried a turkey (well, two actually) and I must have forgot how good it was the year before because it was sooo yummy! We had plenty of desserts and the traditional stuffing, corn casserole, Sister Shubert rolls...yum!
And, I am so excited about this next picture! Since the kids in our group are beginning to out number the adults (ok...might be exaggerating a LITTLE here) we have to start thinking of ideas to keep the kids entertained so both The Eptings and us had brought our kids play gym's and we thought it would be cute to let them "play" together under one! It was so cute seeing both play gym's set up...Izzy's is all girly and pink and Maks' is blue and green like a sweet boy! Anyways...enough making you wait...here it is and please notice that they have their arms interlocked...It wasn't on purpose, obviously, but still... So CUTE! Maks' onesie says "Give Peas a Chance" and the pea is throwing up a peace sign...too cute, right?

Maks and I managed to get a picture together but Grant, Maks and I haven't all had a picture together since he was born! I hope to have Jolaura take our Christmas card pictures sooner than later so hopefully we will have some good family portraits to show!

Lately, I think the Lord knew I needed some encouragement to read his Word more and stop making him so low on my totem pole. Grant challenged me with starting to memorize Romans chapter 5, so we are starting today with verses 1 and 2: 

We had a bible study with a group in Tipton County last night and I am reviewing the notes today. Grant said this and it stuck with me: "We are people who have been forgiven and we are people who need to learn to forgive". Our bible study last night ended up being all women and Grant teaching and Grant was talking about forgiveness and how everyone says "forgive and forget" but how we never truly "forget". But, he read another definition for the word forget that meant "Treat with thoughtless inattention or neglect". So when we say forgive and forget, we need to think of this definition because it's honestly impossible to "forget". Some of the ladies talked about their hurt and how it's hard to forgive. It was encouraging to talk about all of that and get a reminder that you are not alone.

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you" Ephesians 4:32

Grant also talked about how one thing our pediatrician told us which has stuck with him and can be applied to our walks with Christ was this: Take it one day at a time.

With our Christian walks we need to take it one day at a time like Jesus said to take up your cross daily...take it day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment