Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My 7 Things!

A friend from college Katie, tagged me in her "7 Things" on her website. The deal is that you write 7 things that are unique to you and then you tag 7 other people to carry this on! I haven't done anything fun like this on my blog yet! Have I mentioned that I am getting addicted to blogging!? Notice the new layout...I don't know if it comes with the design side of me, but I need change often... hence changing my blog once a month. I really like this format so I will keep it around for a while. Ok...so 7 things:


1. For those who haven't ever read my blog, I am now 15 weeks pregnant and feeling great! I am thankful every day for the Lord giving our baby one more day of life and I just pray he is gracious and merciful to bless us continually! I might make the other preggos mad, but I haven't been sick one day of my pregnancy. Now, granted, I have been uncomfortable, but not sick. I have a belly that I can no longer suck in. I am out of my first trimester (I had NO clue what all these weeks and trimesters meant and I SWORE once I became pregnant I would talk normal so the non-pregnant people would understand, but it's impossible to get around...once I hit 13 weeks, I was in my 2nd trimester.) This is the only ultrasound picture I have so far...I will get another one here in a few weeks.



"Then the people brought their little children to Jesus so he could put his hands on them and pray for them. His followers told them to stop, but Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me. Don't stop them, because the kingdom of heaven belongs to people who are like these children.' After Jesus put his hands on the children, he left there." Matthew 19: 13-15

2. I am a pastors wife. Now, let me clear up some stereotypes. I think because of our husbands job, it extremely easy to think that we have it all together. WRONG. I have really started to LOVE Paul in the Bible and what he went through. He was Saul who for years persecuted Christians and then one day on the road to Damascus the Lord revealed himself to Saul who later became Paul (name change...nothing surgical or weirdish) and from that day forward he lived for Christ. But, living for Christ doesn't mean that it's easy (I might want that on my tombstone: "Living for Christ doesn't mean it's easy"). No where in the Bible is that said. Grant and I have been through many, many trials and tribulations and they seem to keep-a-coming, but the difference in us going through them as Christians is that we are not without hope. Paul says this and I feel like this often (WARNING: it's a lot of do and do not's):

"I do not understand the things I do. I do not do what I want to do, and I do the things I hate. And, if I do not want to do the hated things I do, that means I agree that the law is good. But I am not really the one who is doing these hated things; it is sin living in me that does them. Yes, I know that nothing good lives in me-I mean nothing good lives in the part of me that is earthly and sinful. I want to do the things that are good, but I do not do them. I do not do the good things I want to do, but I do the bad things I do not want to do. So if I do things I do not want to do, then I am not the one doing them. It is sin living in me that does those things....What a miserable man I am! Who will save me from this body that brings me death? I thank God for saving me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So in my mind I am a slave to God's law but in my sinful self I am a slave to the law of sin." Romans 7: 15-25 (missing some verses in there)

3. I LOVE pickles! Not bread and butter, but dill. I have loved them for years...not just because I am pregnant. I can eat a whole jar in one sitting...usually in bed before I go to sleep. Grant HATES it...he can't even look my way when I have pickle breath!

4. I have a HUGE dog-a great dane named Tony Almeida (after 24 before he went all crazy on us!) He is about 6'2" when he stands on two legs! AND, we have a puggle (mix between a pug and a beagle) named Reilly (Grant spells it Riley but I picked the name). And, we have 2 cats, as well. We are BIG animal lovers. 


5.  I have a horrible fear of railroad tracks. elevators, and airplanes. They are all rightfully justified. Especially since one of my close friends got hit when she was in her car by a train on the railroad tracks!!! She's alive and well but I am sure now has a fear along with me. I believe that makes my railroad track fear justified if nothing else does!

6. Grant and I each had 14 bridesmaids and groomsmen in our wedding. People thought we were crazy but we had the best time of our lives! 



7. I am ITALIAN! I may not look it but I am! My maiden name is Morella! Kids used to call me Mozarella in middle school. Mean kids. On that note, I miss my Grandpa who passed away this past year a lot...more than I let on.  Grant and I went and saw Grandpa in the hospital when he was still alive but in a coma and I think that made it harder, but it gave us a chance to say goodbye and for that I am grateful. Things like that make you appreciate the relationships you have today with friends and family and remind you to strive to build onto those and restore any that might be on the rocks. Grant and I are blessed to have amazing families on both sides and extremely thankful!



Noooowww, for 7 friends to tag along:
1. A new blogger on the scene: Grace
2. One of my fellow preggos! I am glad she's been there before me to show me the ropes: Lauren B.
3. A dear church friend and the mother of two sweet angels: Ashley C.
4. My sis-in-love (ok, in-law!) Amanda N., soon to be B.
5. One who has since disappeared from the blog scene (this is my shameless attempt to get her back!): Allison B.
6. Always encouraging with her Penny Thoughts! Jessica N.
7. A blogger that inspired me to get to blogging: Candace
7 (again...it's my blog. I do what I want!): Fit Foodie, Lauren W.
7 (aaand, one more!) College friend and mother of a cutie pie: Val

So, there we go! Get to blogging!

3 comments:

  1. ok!! sooo love your blog and i'm totally gonna do this asap!! i'm so behind on my posts so i've gotta get caught up with it, but i think i may jump ahead and do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I thought of this myself, but can't take the credit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amanda penrose was in your wedding? she was my grandbig in my sorority at union! small world!

    ReplyDelete