Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy 4 Year Anniversary!






As of today Grant and I have been together for 8 years total (No-Break-ups...that was in our "if we date" clause) and 4 years as husband and wife!

I included a picture montage...no particular order because I haven't figured out blogger and how to move my pics...but from the top: Grant's graduation 2006; A picture from our wedding; Us in our favorite place-New York eating hot dogs on our honeymoon! The ONE thing I wanted to make sure we did!; The actual moment Grant proposed; and prom together as a couple in high school.

What I think is HILARIOUS is that my hair is a different color in every picture...ha! Can you tell I am adventurous with my color...and very trustworthy of my stylist/s.

Thank you, Grant for being the AMAZING husband you have been! I love you and I am so thankful that the Lord brought us together....and that we have a little Nixon on the way! Not to say we haven't had our fair share of differences, but we disagree in a fair way...unless I don't get my way (joking...)

In honor of marriage, I wanted to re-post what I had copied from a Karen Kingsbury book from the Forever book in the Firstborn Series (my favorite book series of all time...well, might be tied with Twilight...ok, ok...it wins over Twilight)...




Ten Secrets to a Happy Marriage
by Karen Kingsbury
From "Forever"-Firstborn Series

  1. God has you here to serve one another. Love acted out is serving.
  2. Women need respect and nurturing. Love your wife so she knows you'd lay your life down for her. Continue to date her and admire her. Share a hobby-find something you can do to have fun together.
  3. Laugh often.
  4. Be patient. Love crumbles quickly under the weight of unmet expectations.
  5. Spend more time trying to fix yourself than your spouse.
  6. Keep short accounts. The Bible says, "Do not let the sun go down while you are angry." Make it a habit to forgive.
  7. Determine up front that divorce is not an option.
  8. Learn about love languages. Not all people show love or receive it the same way. You want a back rub and your spouse wants a clean kitchen. The love languages are fairly simple: acts of service, time, physical touch, gifts, and words of affirmation. Learn them. Love is better received when it's in the language that person speaks.
  9. Words of affirmation are a love language for all men.
  10. Men are born to be leaders. He cannot lead unless she gives him the confidence to do so. If you love your husband, build him up. Confident men do not seek love outside the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment