Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Busy, Busy Couple of Months

I may or may not be able to get back to a "normal" blogging schedule, but I do miss it! This may be a long one, but the blogging world may need to be filled in a good bit!


It said the last time I posted was back in June! Wow! A lot has happened since then! Basically the months of May through now are pretty crazy busy with my job, Camp Electric. We haven't exactly slowed down so that's GREAT but the busier part of the job is behind us for now. Camp Electric went AWESOME! We had a great two weeks! We had bands such as TobyMac, Family Force 5, Salvador (my fav!), Cloverton (the band that won Camp Electric's "Rock the Camp" contest...amazing! You will be hearing of them soon!) and a ton more! It was a great few weeks!


Yesterday we had some pretty exciting news from our friends, Mike and Laura Epting! Laura has been exactly 2 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy and I got a call Monday night saying Laura was headed into the hospital having contractions about 3 minutes apart (WOW!) and got updates throughout the night that Tucker James Epting would be here in the morning! So, around 8:30 a.m. we got a text saying Laura was pushing and then from there we didn't hear anything until about 9:30 a.m. with a very simple text saying "Baby was born 8 lbs, 12 oz! Mom and baby are doing great!" and that's was it. So, I get a text from Momma Laura saying to call her. I was thinking that she was gonna fill me in on the delivery since the night before I told her to "remember everything so I will know what's coming". Well, as we are talking, Laura says "WELLL, we have a surprise!" and here I am thinking they had twins but instead, Tucker James Epting turned out to be an Isabella Ann Epting! It's a GIRL, not a boy like we all thought!  From what I understand, the three ultrasounds they had were not 100%-for two of them the baby's legs were crossed and for the one they found out the sex it was a picture from behind, so it was just a mistake. The Dr said that it looked like she owed them a few girl outfits! Here's a picture of me and Isabella!






Since June, I have grown quite a bit in my pregnancy...I am now 37 weeks along and the doctor said this is considered full term so he could be here at any point! We are getting excited but I also realize how much I truly have to do. We got the bulk of Maksim's room done. SOMEONE (ok, me!) had the bright idea to paint stripes in Maks' room (never again...well, unless we pay someone!) will I want stripes. I love the final product but this has been a few months in the making. I am sure this is all common sense, but you have to paint the base coat and then we waited a while and then measured out the lines and then Grant and his Dad drew the lines, and my Dad and Grant's Dad taped off the lines and then the painting came! It sounds easy, but it's definitely not!  Here are a few "sneak previews":





More pictures will come soon! We have a few decals to put on the walls (a 5 1/2 foot tree and a family of elephants!) and a few really cute wall pieces that I am excited to add, so as soon as we have the finished product, I will devote a whole blog post to the room! This baby is pretty much spoiled and he's not even here yet! That blob of black on the carpet is our cat, Jack! We heard/read somewhere that in order to keep your cats out/off of the baby furniture that you need to put aluminum foil in the pieces so we put foil in the carseat and pack n play that Grant assembled last night! Looks funny but hopefully it will keep the cats from intruding in our baby's stuff. I think the animals are wondering what is going on, but they will be fine! 

And, a few final pics of me pre-baby! My AMAZING husband surprised me and my sister, Kristina, with tickets to see SUGARLAND at the Snowden Grove Amphitheater last Friday! I have a few top bands that I love and Sugarland is one of those!!! Here we go for all of you that need my list, ha! 

1. Lady Antebellum
2. Sugarland
3. Carrie Underwood

And, poor Grant pretty much HATES country music and I am pretty much their biggest fan! He's a great sport though! He had originally planned on going with me to Sugarland and then realized we had a youth event planned that night so he got Kristina to come with me. It was an AMAZING concert! Blazing hot, but amazing! Here are a few snapshots: 




Until next time! It won't be as long, promise! Hopefully I will try to update every day or every other day...unless Maksim graces us with his presence earlier than 40 weeks! 

1 comment:

  1. You're looking beautiful as ever and I LOVE Maksim's room! It's like you're a designer or something, weird... ;) Can't wait to see the final product (Maksim and the room!) :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete