Friday, August 20, 2010

About My Pregnancy





Thought this would be cute to do...


Your name? Angela Nixon

Fathers name? Grant Nixon

Were you trying to get pregnant? YUP!

When did you find out?  I believe New Year's Eve Eve. We had always said we wanted to "get pregnant in 2009 and have the baby in 2010" and I think this was God's funny way of laughing at us and keeping us guessing until the last day of 2009! 

Were did you find out? Blake and Allison Butler's house in their master bathroom...used all the pregnancy tests she had and went to Walgreens to buy some more expensive ones because my responses weren't 100% clear. Funny story...I went to the Dr. the next day and took 2 tests and they were negative and they told me I wasn't pregnant so I got 3 more very clear "PREGNANT"/ "NOT PREGNANT" tests and they were all "PREGNANT". Needless to say, I switched doctors immediately :)

How far along were you? 4 weeks-ish

What was your reaction? SOOOO excited and wondering if the tests were really accurate! Too hesitant of the tests to believe I was REALLY pregnant because some tests came out YES and some came out NO

Who was the first person you told? Grant then Allison and Blake

How did you tell the father? He was there

What was his reaction? So excited!!! We were kind of in disbelief...it was the first month that we actually tried and we got pregnant. I had been off birth control for about 3 months before that though, but we were kind of "family planning" it up to try to not get pregnant until the month when we were trying...and it all worked. 

When is your due date? September 11th at first and then September 8th and that date has been pretty steady

Did you have any morning sickness? Nope. I was extremely lucky. Well, I take that back...I did get sick maybe 2x but I think it's because I took my prenatal vitamins at the wrong times 

What are your fears? Delivery and that I don't know something that I am suppose to know or I didn't bring something I was "suppose" to bring to the hospital

What are you most happy about? Maksim getting here! The nursery! Having a baby!

Did you want a boy or girl? It didn't matter to me

What did the father want boy or girl? Boy :)

Do you know what your having? BOY!

Do you have a name picked out? Yep! Maksim "Maks" Samuel Nixon. See earlier blog posts on the reasons behind the names

How much weight have you gained? HHHAAA! Definitely not saying...let's just hope there are like 3 babies in there so the weight would make sense :)

Have you felt the baby move? YUP! 

Do you plan on a natural or medicated birth? Epideral but nothing over the top medicine wise...I want to REMEMBER seeing my baby for the first time!

Are you scared about labor? YEP!

What do you think will be the worst part of labor? Getting the epideral and the contractions beforehand. I am nervous I won't know what the contractions feel like and I will barely make it to the hospital in time.

Have you taken any classes? Nope

Who will be in the delivery room? Just me and Grant (and the medical staff, of course...hopefully!)

Are you having the birth videotaped? Nope unless Grant and I set up our phones or something but we won't be videotaping anything further down stairs than my belly :)

Do you think you will cry when you see the baby for the first time? I am sure I will!

What do you think the fathers reaction to the baby will be? He just might cry too! 

How do you think family and friends will feel? Ecstatic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment